Alistair G Stark
Alistair G Stark DipTP MRTPI is a self-employed planning mediator. He previously worked as a planning consultant and in local authorities in the North-east of Scotland. He serves on the General Assembly of the Royal Town Planning Institute and is a Past Convenor (2007) of the RTPI Scottish Executive Committee. Alistair is a member of the Scottish Mediation Network.
Proven management skills, including organising and delivering complex work programmes to meet tight time-scales. Able to use own initiative, or to work as part of a team. Excellent analytical problem solving skills. Good communication skills, including writing, public speaking and debate. Computer literate.
Alistair is one of the most experienced planners in Scotland, with a broadly-based background in strategic planning and rural community development. He has in-depth expertise in housing land supply, local plans, strategic development control and public inquiries, and is used to working in a multi-disciplinary environment on corporate or national issues. He has also advised individuals, businesses and community groups on planning appeals, public inquiries, and development plan issues.
- Planner, Dumbarton County Council, 1964 – 70
- Senior Planner, Aberdeen County Council, 1971 – 75
- Principal Planner, Grampian Regional Council, 1975 – 95
- Head, development control, Grampian Regional Council, 1995 – 96
- Structure Plan Team Leader, Aberdeenshire Council, 1996 – 2000
- Planning Policy Consultant - sole practitioner, 2001 – 2003
- Planning Mediator, November 2003 onwards
- Diploma in Town Planning, Glasgow School of Art (1969)
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (1971)
- General Assembly
- Scottish Executive Committee (Convener, 2007)
- Planning Policy and Practice Committee
- Audit Committee
- University of Aberdeen Partnership Board
- Grampian Chapter Committee (Past Convenor, 2002-04)
- Member of the Scottish Mediation Network
- Planning and Environmental Mediation Initiative Group
- Planning Aid for Scotland volunteer